In managing a business, or if you are still trying to set-up your own business, focus should not only be on making profit but social responsibility must also be given priority and this includes offering products and services that are eco-friendly. In fact, the Center for International Trade Expositions and Missions (CITEM), an attached agency of the Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) has organized the 1st Philippine International Eco-Show which will be held on August 26-28, 2010 at the SMX Convention Center, Mall of Asia Complex in Pasay City. This is an effort to showcase the diverse and innovative eco-friendly products and services made available by the finest companies and aco-entrepreneurs in the country.
By attending this eco-show, you will not only be able to explore the enormous business possibilities for environment-friendly products and services, but you will also have the opportunity to expand your network with industry players and bands engaged in eco-friendly and sustainable pursuits and advocacies. Furthermore, you will also have the chance to carve your niche in the current 410 billion EURO global market for environmental goods and services.
The event will highlight the different facets of the budding eco-market, and will feature the following eco-zones:
- Eco-Industrial Zone - construction materials and solutions for sustainable architecture and "greenbuilding"; electronic parts, machinery and equipment, and motor vehicle parts that demonstrate efficient energy practice for waste reduction; and innovative and alternative industrial products and inventions.
- Eco-Lifestyle Zone - natural and nutritious food and supplements, natural personal care items, aromatherapy fragrances, and eco-places that offer healthy and wholesome living options.
- Eco-Advocate Zone - connect with passionate environmental stewards. This is actually where the public and private sector unite towards the drive for eco-sustainability. In addition, it will also feature government-initiated products that focuses on renewable energy, waste management and possible solution the air pollution.
Aside from the exhibit, the Eco-Show will also have the following events:
- Eco-Conference - this will be a 2-day activity where you'll be able to join the academe and global stakeholders in a conference that is meant to strengthen the industry's commitments and goals, and determine its future direction and trends.
- Philippine International Eco-Awards - this is open to all local exhibitors offering eco-friendly products and services in the local and international markets, as well as individuals with noteworthy achievements in environmental advocacies.
- Eco-Philippines Photography Tilt - this activity is open to all professional and amateur photography enthusiasts nationwide.
There's nothing to lose in attending this great event, on the contrary, there's is much to gain from this eco-show that is geared towards providing eco-solutions for a greener tomorrow.