I know that most of you are familiar with TAPSILOG, meaning tapa, sinangag at ilog and it has been one of our favorite Filipino breakfast. Beccause of this, allow me to share with you the process of making a beef tapa.
- 1 kg beef or carabeef, lean
- 1 1/2 tbsp table salt
- 1/2 tsp curing salt
- 1 tbsp ground pepper
- 1 tsp phosphate dissolved in 1/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp anisado wine
- 6 tbsp refined sugar
- 2 tbsp chopped garlic
- Slice frozen lean beef into 1/4inch thick
- In a separate container, mix all the dry ingredients and then add all the wet ingredients
- Rub slices with mixture
- Place meat in a bowl, cover and cure at room temperature for 8-10 hours or inside a refrigerator for 1-3 days.
- Pack in polyethylene bags
- Store in freezer for 2-4 months or in a refrigerator for 1 week.